Friday, October 21, 2011

Familiar of Zero: Rei no Shikigami: Spirit's Computer: Part 0

Master stuck her hand in my breast pocket and pulled the bow on my vest uncomfortably tight. "My little Chen, you have your spell-cards.  Good." she said nodding.

"Master!" I whined.

"Your dress is clean. You have the emergency seal?" she said ignoring me.

'Yes, Master." I said sighing. "I have the emergency seal, and I've memorized the recitation for access to Mayohiga."

"Do you..Young Lady! that tone.." she said to me frowning.

"Sorry Master." I said bowing, this was the 4th time we had gone over these, and she kept messing with my clothing.

Master's Master leaned against the door frame. "Ran, she'll be fine. She has her supplies, including, as you insisted, 4 sets of clothes, and a weeks worth of underwear..you do realize that they aren't complete savages in Halkengenia? She'll be able to find clothes."

"Yukari-sama, she's going into a warzone!"

"The wars not going to start for at *least* 2 months, and probably closer to 2 years. There magic system is almost completely ineffective against youkai, and she's a NEKOMATA. Stop being a mother hen." Master's Master said, frowning at Master.

"Yes, madam." Master said almost robotically.  I hated seeing her like this..Master's Master would get so angry at this emotionless act of hers. Sometimes she even hits Master with the umbrella. They don't know that I've seen that though.

"Ran, I'm not asking you to not care about her. It's just we need our little Chen to learn, to grow a little, and us youkai don't do that unless we're pushed.

"Now Chen, remember that these people aren't as tough as those around here, so be careful with them. Oh and there's some secrets there too so don't be too too confidant.

"But most importantly have fun and make some friends, and fight like a devil.

"Ran give her a hug, and start the spell. Now."

Master's hug was awkward, almost like she wasn't really there.  First she's messing with me too much, now she's all stiff.  I really don't like it when Master and Master's Master fight, but I tried to put as much of my love into the hug back.

"Don't worry Master, I'll write letters every week, and I'll be back before you know it."

She slowly let me go and tapped the pentagram surrounding me, muttering the finishing words.

A blue portal appeared, it felt deeper than the ones I can make, but a lot rougher than Master's Master's gaps. Waving to my masters I stepped in.

No comments:

Post a Comment